I am sitting here in my husband’s aunt’s home with most of his immediate family and cousins, ready to greet 2012 with a bang. So far today, I have:
1. Endured a full-bodied, 1 hour and 45 minutes massage – all for $12.50!
2. Had a manicure and pedicure, complete with small flowers adorning each corner of my polished fingernails – all for the price of $4.50 or so….
I had thought that I had a more reliable internet connection, but this is by far the longest stretch of connection I’ve had, and there isn’t enough time currently to recount my week so far in this beautiful, unique country. Suffice to say that this trip has been the homecoming my husband has hoped for, and it has been an eye-opener for me in so many levels.
2011 has been a challenging year for me (not necessarily in a bad way). This is the year I’ve taken my writing passion to new heights, including creating a separate, author Facebook page; a Twitter account; this blog/website; and attending writing conferences. What’s in store for 2012?
1. As soon as I get back from Philippines, I am going to a ‘Year of the Edit’ course. It is a masterclass stretched over 6 months which will equip me with a series of skills required to edit the many novels I’ve written.
2. On a similar token of editing/proof-reading, I recently got in touch with a friend who is making her living as a professional editor/proof-reader. I am so looking forward to working with her in further polishing one or more of the novels I have finished.
3. A very good friend of mine gave me THE BEST Christmas present this year – my own domain. So watch this space as I slowly transfer my blog over to mariasmcdonald.com and build my very own, more comprehensive website.
4. Watch this space in general – I’ll be running a few competitions throughout 2012! There are a gazillion story lines swirling inside my head, all with characters yet to be named and places/settings to be determined 🙂
Before the not-so-reliable connection cuts me out again, can I just offer a heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you. It is beyond my wildest imagination to have gained 166 followers in the course of 4 months since I broadcast my writing passion through various social media avenues; some of you I have known for many years, and some of you I have never met except through the written posts of Facebook/Twitter. However you’ve contributed to support my writing passion, my sincere thanks, and I hope you continue to enjoy reading about my writing/life journey throughout 2012.
May 2012 be the year you’ve been waiting and hoping for!